Monday 16 April 2012

- Review on VFF Spyridon: By Wan Albedo -

- Just out from the box - 


Recently, Vibram introduced their first trail running–specific model, the Spyridon LS. The Spyridon LS is supposed to provide the perfect balance of 'foot feel' and protection on rugged surfaces. The shoe weighs in at 7.2 ounces (EU 43) and has a 3.5mm Vibram rubber sole that provides impact protection from stones and debris, while better allowing proper barefoot dynamics.
 
For those who love running at uneven terrain trail etc, but afraid to go with minimalist approach due to ground resistance, pebbles or sharp rocks, this new release, Spyridon LS from VFF will solve that problem. They introduce a thicker sole with tread that will allow your foot to have a better grip during your runs at your favorite trail by still retaining the uniqueness, flexibility and the barefoot experience. Slightly similar to Komodo and KSO but this new release provide a slightly better armor underfoot. 
 
- I'm sexy and I know it !! -
After running a total of 27Km with it for the past 3 days on my test runs, I only have positive comments. I felt it has a better grip and reasonably stable than my favorite Komodo. I felt pretty comfortable. Next, I'm planning to test this during my hiking trip up MT Rinjani. I will tell you more. The only CON is that I hate the lace system.
 
- Lovely !! -
 

Specifications

Materials:

UPPER - Stretch Mesh and Polyamide 
SOLE - XSTrek Vibram Rubber
FOOTBED - 3mm Polyurethane Insole Anti-Microbial Dri-Lex Sockliner
Machine washable. Air dry.

Weight:

Men's size 44 - 6.88oz. each, 13.76oz./pair
 

No comments:

Post a Comment